Kombucha Mamma Speaking Engagements, Live Events, Podcasts & Workshops
The Big Book of Kombucha: Brewing, Flavoring, and Enjoying the Health Benefits of Fermented Tea BOOK TOUR!
We hope to see you along the trail!
Want to include a Kombucha workshop, lecture or book signing at your event? Contact the Kombucha Mamma today!
UPCOMING SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & LIVE EVENTS
Available for workshops, demos, lectures, podcasts and more. Hannah Crum teaches workshops on Kombucha history, health benefits, how tos as well as the health benefits of fermented foods.
Date: 09/14/2018 – 09/16/2018
Website Url: https://www.motherearthnewsfair.com/pennsylvania/
This is one of my favorite events! The resort is beautiful, the atmosphere is festive and so many are gathered to share their love of Mother Earth!
Kombucha and the Human Microbiome
Friday 2-3pm, Mother Earth Living Stage
Interactive! Kid’s Kombucha Tasting and SCOBY Bacteria “Petting Zoo”
Friday 5-6pm, Kids’ Treehouse Stage
Kombucha Demo Workshop – Make & Take
Friday 3-3:30pm, Fair Bookstore in Timberstone Building
Date: 09/22/2018 – 09/23/2018
The BIGGEST Baking and Pastry Convention on the West Coast!
Meet thousands of Californians who share your brand’s love for all things sweet, salty and savory in the world of baking and sweets. Our last 4 shows have been sold out. The Sweets Show in 2018 is a can’t-miss event!
Hannah will be presenting 2 demonstrations, one on each day of the event. Plus kits and The Big Book of Kombucha will be available for purchase at the Health-Ade Kombucha booth.
Saturday: 3:40-4:20pm Kombucha 101 with live demo
Sunday: 2:50-3:30pm Culture Petting Zoo – get up close and personal with Kombucha Kamp’s 4 signature cultures – Kombucha, Jun, Milk Kefir & Water Kefir – samples provided!
Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE. No Exceptions.
Date: 10/26/2018 – 10/29/2018
Website Url: https://www.facebook.com/fermentoaxaca/
Join us in the City of Oaxaca for a celebration of live food and culture. From cacao to nixtamal, sourdough to mezcal, Kefir to Oaxaca cheese, from traditional sauerkraut to kimchi michelada… and much more.
- Hannah Crum auhor of “The Big Book of Kombucha”
- Sarah Owens author of “Sourdough” and “Toast and Jam”
- David Asher author of “The Art of Natural Cheesemaking”
- Alex Lewin author of “Real Food Fermentation” and “Kefir, Kombucha, and Beyond”
- Raquel Guajardo author of “Kefir, Kombucha, and Beyond”
- Galia Kleiman Weston A. Price Foundation Chapter Leader Mexico City
- Abigail Mendoza autor of “Dishdaa´W”, owner of Tlamanalli Restaurant in Teotitlán del Valle and representative of prehispanic cuisine.
- Jaime Carral creator of “La Semilla Colectivo”
- Esteban Yepes “El Taller de los Fermentos” Colombia
Friday, October 26 – Welcome Cocktail
Saturday 27 – Abigail Mendoza conference on Atole, cacao and fermented tinctures in Teotitlan del Valle.
– Galia kleiman and Jaime Carral on Local vinegars, escabeche and chamoy.
– Alex lewin and Raquel Guajardo on Fermented drinks.
Sunday 28 – Sarah Owens on Sourdough bread.
– Visit to Mezcal process after lunch.
Monday 29 – David Asher on cheese making, quesillo demonstration.
– Hannah Crum on Kombucha
– El Taller de los Fermentos South American Ferments sampling.
Suggested arrival date: Friday, October 26 Suggested departure date: Tuesday, October 30
PLEASE EMAIL FOR HOTEL RECOMMENDATIONS
*Breakfast, dinner, transportation and accommodation NOT included
Previous Speaking/Teaching Engagements
- HMI Gathering: Cultivating Community (October 2016 – Paicines, CA)
- Second Nature Workshop Series (August 2016 – Los Angeles, CA)
- The OC Fair (August 2016 – Costa Mesa, CA)
- The Wahls Protocol Seminar (August 2016 – Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Slow Food Preservers Los Angeles (June 2016 – Los Angeles, CA)
- NYC Vegetarian Food Festival (May 2016 – New York, NY) – Presentation
- Brooklyn Brainery – (May 2016 – Brooklyn, NY) – Talk
- NTA Conference (March 2016 – Portland, OR)
- Upshur Street Books (March 2016 – Washington, DC)
- Natural Products Expo West (March 2016 – Anaheim, CA)
- Mother Earth News FAIR (Feb 2016 & 2017 – Belton, TX | Apr 2016 – Asheville, NC | Jul 2016 – West Bend, WI | Sep 2016 – Seven Springs, PA | Oct 2016 – Topeka, KS)
- Austin Fermentation Festival (Oct 2015-2016 – Austin, TX)
- Whole Foods (Sep 2015 – West Los Angeles, CA) – Demo Workshop
- Los Angeles Fermentation Festival (Jul 2015 – Venice Beach) – Culture Petting Zoo
- PaleoFX (2015-2017 – Austin, TX) – Kombucha Demo
- San Diego Fermentation Festival (Jan 2015-2017 – San Diego, CA) – featured speaker, Cultured Petting Zoo
- BlogHer Food – (May 2014 – Miami, FL) – Kombucha Demo
- Artisanal LA – (Oct 2013 – Los Angeles, CA) – Kombucha Demo
- Sol Food Festival (Sept 2013 – Santa Barbara, CA) – Culture Petting Zoo & Water Kefir Demo
- BaconPalooza (Sept 2013 – Staunton, VA) – Kombucha Cook-off
- Healthy Beverage Expo (June 2013 – Las Vegas, NV) – featured speaker
- Master Food Preserver’s Program (June 2013 – Los Angeles, CA) – featured speaker
- Craftcation (March 2013-2014 – Ventura, CA) – featured speaker
- Weston A Price Conference (Nov 2012-2013, 2015-2016 – Santa Clara, CA/Atlanta, GA/Anaheim, CA/Montgomery, AL) – featured speaker
- Heirloom Expo (Sept 2012-2013 – Santa Rosa, CA) – featured speaker
- Farm to Fermentation (Sept 2012-2014 & 2016 – Santa Rosa, CA) – Keynote speaker
- Santa Barbara Fermentation Festival (July 2012-2014 – Shepherd Farms, CA; Sept 2016 – Goleta, CA) – Culture Petting Zoo, featured speaker
- Road Less Traveled (June 2012 – Santa Ana, CA) – Kombucha workshop
- Patchwork Indie (June 2012/Oct 2013) Culver City/Costa Mesa – Kombucha Demo, Fermented Sodas Workshop
- Real Food Symposium (May 2012) Pasadena – featured speaker
- Earth Night (April 2012) Santa Monica
- Green Festival (Nov 2011-2013, Sep 2016) Los Angeles, (May 2016) Washington DC – featured speaker
- Eat Real Festival (June 2011) Culver City – featured speaker
- Freestone Fermentation Festival (May 2011) Freestone – featured speaker
- Culture Club 101 – Continuous Brew Class
- Project Butterfly – Kombucha workshop
- Erewhon – Kombucha 101
- Co-Opportunity Speaker Series – Kombucha 101
BOOK TOUR DATES & LOCATIONS
- Meyers Falls Market (January 2017 – Kettle Falls, WA)
- Fermentation Farm (October 2016 – Costa Mesa, CA)
- Natural Grocers (October 2016 – Austin, TX)
- Metier Austin (October 2016 – Austin, TX)
- Woods Hill Table (September 2016 – Concord, MA)
- Beaverdale Books (August 2016 – Des Moines, IA)
- The Book Vault (August 2016 – Oskaloosa, IA)
- Prairie Lights Book Store (August 2016 – Iowa City, IA)
- Iowa City Brewlab (August 2016 – Iowa City, IA)
- New Bo Mercantile & Vintage Shop/Next Page Books (August 2016 – Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Lonnski’s Deli (August 2016 – Grinnell, IA)
- GYST Fermentation Bar (July 2016 – Minneapolis, MN)
- Magers and Quinn Booksellers (July 2016 – Minneapolis, MN)
- Arcadia Books (July 2016 – Spring Green, WI)
- Fresh & Green Market (July 2016 – Oconomowoc, WI)
- News Segment – WTMJ-TV Morning Blend (July 2016 – Milwaukee, WI)
- BookPeople (May 2016 – Austin, TX) – Book Signing
- Eco Garden Expo (April 2016 – San Juan Capistrano, CA)
- Tattered Cover Bookstore (April 2016 – Denver, CO)
- Happy Leaf Kombucha (April 2016 – Denver, CO)
- Boulder Bookstore (April 2016 – Boulder, CO)
- Denver Public Library (April 2016 – Denver, CO)
- Colorado State University Fermentation Club (April 2016 – Ft. Collins, CO)
- Old Firehouse Books (April 2016 – Fort Collins, CO)
- True Nature (April 2016 – Carbondale, CO)
- Rosetta’s Kitchen and Buchi Bar (April 2016 – Asheville, NC)
- Malaprop’s Bookstore (April 2016 – Asheville, NC)
- Craftcation (April 2016 – Ventura, CA)
- Chaucer’s Books (April 2016 – Santa Barbara, CA)
- SHED (March 2016 – Healdsburg, CA)
- Omnivore Books (April 2016 – San Francisco, CA)
- Sacramento Public Library (April 2016 – Sacramento, CA)
- Book Passage (April 2016 – San Francisco, CA)
- Book Cellar (March 2016 – Chicago, IL)
- Good Food Festival & Conference – Kombucha Workshop – (March 24-26 – UIC Forum, Chicago)
- Willy Street Co-op (March 2016 – Middleton and Madison, WI)
- Fresh & Green Market (March 2016 – Oconomowoc, WI)
- Powell’s Books (March 2016 – Portland, OR)
- CommuniTea Kombucha (March 2016 – Seattle, WA)
- Village Books (March 2016 – Bellingham, WA)
- Book Larder (March 2016 – Seattle, WA)
Podcasts, Interviews & Articles – click here