Kombucha Mamma Live Events, Podcasts & Workshops
Want to include a Kombucha workshop, lecture or book signing at your event? Contact the Kombucha Mamma today!
UPCOMING SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & LIVE EVENTS
The Kombucha Mamma is available for workshops, demos, lectures, podcasts and more. Hannah Crum teaches workshops on the Kombucha commercial industry, Kombucha history, health benefits, how tos as well as the benefits of bacteria and fermented foods. Some of her featured talks include:
- Kombucha 101
- Kombucha & the Human Microbiome
- Kombucha By the Numbers
- The Science of Kombucha
- Fermented Drinks – Probiotics on a Budget
- Key Factors for a Perfect Brew
- How to Start a Kombucha Bottling Business
- Techniques for Controlling Ethanol in Kombucha
- Kombucha Kocktails
- Kombucha Benefits Your Bottom Line
Date: 02/21/2020 – 02/23/2020
Website Url: http://liveaware.com/
Find out how to reduce toxins in your life, home and body, and understand how to support your body’s immune system in an ever increasing toxic world.
- How to minimize toxins in the home – organic food, non-toxic household products, eliminating mold, reducing EMF, etc.
- Supporting your immune system to ensure optimal health even in time of illness – vitamins, nutrient dense nutrition, eliminating sugar, breastfeeding, etc.
- This year’s sub-focus is The Air Around You – understanding what you can’t see in the air around you and how you can support your health in a toxic world
Date: 03/14/2020 – 03/14/2020
Make and take home 2 bottles of delicious Kombucha flavored with organic ingredients to create your own custom flavor! Expand your palate and skills by learning how to brew your own Kombucha at home for pennies a glass – plus make a bottle or two using organic, adaptogenic flavors (turmeric, ginger, green power blend & more!) and take your own Kombucha home with you!
Saturday Mar 14th 4-6pm
If you can brew a cup of tea, you can brew Kombucha! As bacteriosapiens, we are bacteria powered which means the more bacteria rich fermented foods that we incorporate into our diet, the better we feel. Learn how easy it is to enjoy the benefits of brewing Kombucha at home for a fraction of the cost while nourishing your human microbiome in this lively presentation from the world’s foremost Kombucha expert, the Kombucha Mamma. You will enjoy Hannah’s Homebrew Kombucha to sip on during the workshop, SCOBY fruit leather to munch and a chance to try SCOBY skin cream. Homebrew supplies, books and more will be available for purchase after the workshop.
Enroll by 3/7/20 to ensure your spot in the workshop
Please check out Maker’s Mess cancellation policy here!
Date: 04/01/2020 – 04/03/2020
Website Url: https://kombuchabrewers.org/kombuchakon-2019/
KombuchaKon is the only conference and trade show specifically targeting those in the Kombucha industry. The two-day event features the World’s Largest Kombucha Sampling Bar, educational seminars, dynamic speakers and the opportunity to meet vendors and network with your peers.
NEW THIS YEAR
Hands On Lab Skills Day Workshops
Launch of Symbiosis Magazine
Kombucha Karnival – consumer festival on 4/4
Join KBI Founder & President, Hannah Crum, and the KBI Founder & Chairman of the Board, Alex LaGory, at the 7th annual conference for the commercial Kombucha brewers.
Date: 05/21/2020 – 05/23/2020
FERMENTATION 2020 is the first event in the United States that brings together everyone involved in the world of fermentation – producers, retailers, chefs, scientists, authors, suppliers, and regulators to share knowledge, experience, and strategies for growth.
Together we will explore the power of fermentation to build flavor, preserve food, and enhance health, and discuss how we can document and promote these benefits to the public.
Who Should Attend
Producers, suppliers, importers, and retailers of fermented foods and products, and those that use fermentation in their production processes (major product categories listed below)
We also welcome producers of products that are oxidized (eg, tea) and cured (eg, salumi, jerky).
- Suppliers, importers, and retailers of fermented foods and products
- Chefs and other food service professionals
- Academics and researchers
- Health and food technology professionals
Hannah will be speaking at 10:45am on Friday May 22nd on Setting Standards for the Kombucha Industry
The Kombucha Mamma has been featured at these fine events
- KombuchaKon (2014-present – Long Beach, CA)
- FB!F – Food & Beverage Innovation Forum, Hangzhou, China 2019
- World Tea Expo (2015, 2018-2019)
- Congreso de FermentacionOaxaca, Mexico (2018)
- New Mexico Fermentation Festival (2017-2018)
- HMI Gathering: Cultivating Community (October 2016 – Paicines, CA)
- Second Nature Workshop Series (August 2016 – Los Angeles, CA)
- The OC Fair (August 2016 – Costa Mesa, CA)
- The Wahls Protocol Seminar (August 2016 – Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Slow Food Preservers Los Angeles (June 2016 – Los Angeles, CA)
- NYC Vegetarian Food Festival (May 2016 – New York, NY) – Presentation
- Brooklyn Brainery – (May 2016 – Brooklyn, NY) – Talk
- NTA Conference (March 2016 – Portland, OR)
- Upshur Street Books (March 2016 – Washington, DC)
- Natural Products Expo West (March 2016 – Anaheim, CA)
- Mother Earth News FAIR (Feb 2016-2019 – Belton, TX | Apr 2016-2017 – Asheville, NC | Jun 2018 – Frederick, MD | Jul 2016 – West Bend, WI | Aug 2016-2017 Albany, OR | Sep 2016-2019 – Seven Springs, PA | Oct 2016-2017 – Topeka, KS)
- Austin Fermentation Festival (Oct 2015-2016 – Austin, TX)
- Whole Foods (Sep 2015 – West Los Angeles, CA) – Demo Workshop
- Los Angeles Fermentation Festival (Jul 2015 – Venice Beach) – Culture Petting Zoo
- PaleoFX (2015-2017 – Austin, TX) – Kombucha Demo
- San Diego Fermentation Festival (Jan 2015-2017 – San Diego, CA) – featured speaker, Cultured Petting Zoo
- BlogHer Food – (May 2014 – Miami, FL) – Kombucha Demo
- Artisanal LA – (Oct 2013 – Los Angeles, CA) – Kombucha Demo
- Sol Food Festival (Sept 2013 – Santa Barbara, CA) – Culture Petting Zoo & Water Kefir Demo
- BaconPalooza (Sept 2013 – Staunton, VA) – Kombucha Cook-off
- Healthy Beverage Expo (June 2013 – Las Vegas, NV) – featured speaker
- Master Food Preserver’s Program (June 2013 – Los Angeles, CA) – featured speaker
- Craftcation (March 2013-2014 – Ventura, CA) – featured speaker
- Weston A Price Conference (Nov 2012-2013, 2015-2016 – Santa Clara, CA/Atlanta, GA/Anaheim, CA/Montgomery, AL) – featured speaker
- Heirloom Expo (Sept 2012-2013 – Santa Rosa, CA) – featured speaker
- Farm to Fermentation (Sept 2012-2014 & 2016 – Santa Rosa, CA) – Keynote speaker
- Santa Barbara Fermentation Festival (July 2012-2014 – Shepherd Farms, CA; Sept 2016-17 – Goleta, CA) – Culture Petting Zoo, featured speaker
- Road Less Traveled (June 2012 – Santa Ana, CA) – Kombucha workshop
- Patchwork Indie (June 2012/Oct 2013) Culver City/Costa Mesa – Kombucha Demo, Fermented Sodas Workshop
- Real Food Symposium (May 2012) Pasadena – featured speaker
- Earth Night (April 2012) Santa Monica
- Green Festival (Nov 2011-2013, Sep 2016) Los Angeles, (May 2016) Washington DC – featured speaker
- Eat Real Festival (June 2011) Culver City – featured speaker
- Freestone Fermentation Festival (May 2011) Freestone – featured speaker
- Culture Club 101 – Continuous Brew Class
- Project Butterfly – Kombucha workshop
- Erewhon – Kombucha 101
- Co-Opportunity Speaker Series – Kombucha 101
Podcasts, Interviews & Articles – click here