Kombucha’s greatest strength is its versatility: healthy beverage, marinade, salad dressing and even cleaning fluid to name a few uses.
How about “Drink Mixer” too?! Yes, Kombucha pairs perfectly with liquor, plus it’s a natural liver detox.
That means when you add Kombucha to the mix, you get a little antidote with your poison.
To celebrate the end of summer, each Friday afternoon we’ll be featuring a Kombucha Cocktail Recipes.
The Kombucha Cocktail Recipes Series:
This week, bar manager, Corey Schallek shares the recipe for his favorite Kombucha concoction, “Dark and Devoted,” Culture Shock’s twist on the Dark and Stormy, a sweet, yet tart ginger delight.
Follow this recipe for a delicious Kombucha refresher:
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Muddle 1/2 inch slice of ginger in 1oz of simple syrup. Squish it good.
- Strain 1/2 oz into rocks glass.
- Pour 1.5 oz dark rum into a rocks glass.
- Add .5 oz sour mix to same glass.
- Fill with ginger kombucha.
- Stir & garnish with a lime.