Last week, we introduced you to the uber-hip fermentation cafe Culture Shock in Ithaca, NY (closed), and one of owner Marian Flaxman’s favorite Kombucha Cocktail Recipes, the “Twisted Bliss”.
This week, bar manager, Corey shares the recipe for his favorite Kombucha concoction, “Dark and Devoted.”
Dark rum gives this Kocktail its kick. Or try it as a Mocktail if you prefer! 🙂
I love Kombucha Kocktails! It’s an excellent way to marry the unique flavor profile of Kombucha with your favorite bitters, alcohol and aromatics. Especially because when I add Kombucha to the mix, I get a little antidote with my poison. The next day, I don’t feel the same negative impact as when consuming alcohol alone. Plus I can enjoy more than one cocktail in an evening if it has Kombucha. Without the booch, I feel woozy and gross. Check out the other Kocktail and Mocktail recipes below!
Follow this recipe for a delicious Kombucha refresher:
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Muddle 1/2 inch slice of ginger in 1oz of simple syrup. Squish it good.
- Strain 1/2 oz into rocks glass.
- Pour 1.5 oz dark rum into a rocks glass.
- Add .5 oz sour mix to same glass.
- Fill with ginger kombucha.
- Stir & garnish with a lime.
Have any favorite Kombucha Cocktail Recipes
you’d like to share?
Add it to the comments
and maybe we’ll feature yours here! 🙂