Continuous Brewing Vessels
Whether making Kombucha at home again after a break or starting your first ever batch, it’s important to choose a suitable brewing vessel for Kombucha tea and inspect it for any potential issues. There are many different types of Kombucha brewing vessels and containers to consider and they all come with their own unique features.
Types of Kombucha Jars & Containers
We are proud to offer many choices for high-quality, fermentation-safe Kombucha brewing vessels including:
- Handmade Stoneware Brewing Vessels – these custom made vessels provide ideal conditions for continuous brewing and are made right here in the USA.
- Modern Porcelain Brewing Vessels – a sturdy, economical and Kombucha-safe choice most popular among those new to brewing.
- Stainless Steel Brewing Vessels – stainless steel is the only metal suitable for brewing Kombucha and is a popular choice because it is extremely lightweight, durable and stylish.
Showing 1–12 of 37 results
Imperfect Continuous Brewing Vessels without Stands (FINAL SALE)Select options
Spigot Cleaning Brush (3-pack)$6.95 Add to cart
Barrel Wax for the Toasted Oak Barrel Vessel$3.95 Add to cart
JUN Modern Porcelain Continuous Brewer Deluxe PackageSelect options
Modern Porcelain Continuous Brewer Kombucha Deluxe PackageSelect options
JUN Stainless Steel Continuous Brew Deluxe PackageSelect options
Stainless Steel Vessel & Stand with Deluxe Kombucha Tea Brewer Continuous PackageSelect options
Brew-Safe Plastic Spigot$9.95 Select options
USA Handmade Stoneware Artisanal Crock – Continuous Brew JUN Deluxe PackageSelect options
USA Handmade Stoneware Continuous Brewer Deluxe PackageSelect options
Brewer Cap – Made of Cloth, Fits 5.75″ – 8″ Diameter Vessel Mouth$12.95 Select options
Brewer Cap (Pack of 3)- Made of Cloth, Fits 5.75″ – 8″ Diameter Vessel MouthSelect options
Kombucha Brewing Kits
Brewing Kombucha at home can be lots of fun and with all the benefits of drinking Kombucha, it can be quite rewarding too. To make it easier to get started brewing your first batch of CB ‘Booch, we’ve put together 3 levels of Kombucha brewing packages. Each one of our Continuous Brew Kombucha Kits comes with everything you need to get started brewing delicious Kombucha at home:
- Brewing vessel (your choice from the options listed above)
- 2 extra-large Kombucha SCOBYs (packed in strong starter liquid and NEVER dehydrated)
- Brewer Cap
- Hannah’s Signature Tea Blends
- Muslin tea bags
- Thermometer Strip
- Instant access to Setup Videos and Maintenance Videos available online anytime
- Complete CB Kombucha Instructions
- Lifetime Membership to the Platinum Kommunity Support Forum
- 60-day money back guarantee
- FREE SHIPPING!!
Make your choice from the different types of brewing packages we offer:
- No-Frills Brewing Package – the most economical option, our no-frills package keeps it simple with just the supplies listed above.
- Complete Brewing Package – comes with everything listed above along with evaporated cane juice, lab grade pH strips, our 50x Kombucha Concentrate, large tea brewing ball and 3 thermometer strips, plus a 100% organic flavoring pack. Our most popular Package.
- Deluxe Brewing Package – in addition to evaporated cane juice, 3 thermometer strips, and large tea brewing ball, our deluxe package also comes with double the lab grade pH strips, two bottles of the 50x Kombucha Concentrate, 2 packs of our 100% organic flavorings and a 3 tea sampler (including Hannah’s signature tea blend), not to mention a 15 minute phone consultation with Hannah herself to support your brewing needs! Great for those who need a little extra peace of mind. 😉
If preferred, we are also proud to offer just the brewing vessels (with cap, instructions & Free Shipping of course).
Things to Look for in a Continuous Brewing Vessel
- High quality spigot to allow for easy harvesting of the Kombucha Tea when ready
- Non-metallic (unless 304 grade Stainless Steel) to prevent corrosion and impurities
- Non-plastic to prevent leeching of toxic chemicals like BPA (professional grade plastic spigots are ok)
- Sturdy construction with a wide mouth opening for adequate airflow and access to the SCOBYs
- Fermentation-grade materials only; no glazes or finishes that could contain lead or other harmful chemicals, no glues or epoxies in the spigot assembly.
What’s the Difference Between Batch Brewing and Continuous Brewing?
The two most common methods of brewing Kombucha at home are the traditional Batch Brew Method and the Continuous Brew Method, what we call the method of the ancients as it is likely how the brew was first discovered.
With the Batch Brewing Method, you make individual batches of Kombucha using a super-sweet solution with only a little starter liquid. This often takes about 1 or 2 weeks to finally transform the sweet tea into Kombucha tea. You’ll have to restart this process with each batch, which can be quite time consuming while waiting for the next batch to be ready. However, with the Continuous Brew Method, since you’re maintaining roughly ¾ of your mature Kombucha (refilling the remaining ¼ with sweet tea), brew time is shortened to 1-5 days depending on how much sweet tea is added, flavor preference and the brewing conditions.
With the Batch Brew Method, each new Kombucha brew requires a jar and 1-2 weeks of brewing time. If you (and the family, and friends) drink a lot of Kombucha at home, this requires multiple batches all brewing at the same time to keep up with the demand. Never mind how much space it takes up, it takes a lot of energy on your part just to maintain the brewing schedule and do the labor of lifting, emptying and cleaning jar after jar. With the Continuous Brew Method, there is no lifting and cleaning between batches. You have more Kombucha on demand at a given time since you have the option to simply add fresh sweet tea each time you draw out Kombucha. And, due to the higher percentage of mature Kombucha to sweet tea in the Continuous Brew Method, you can make more Kombucha tea faster.
Batch Brew requires more containers, more cleaning, and more chance for contamination. Continuous Brew makes each new “batch” in the same container, for less work and less cleanup, but most importantly, less risk of contamination since there is little or no handling, removing and relocating the SCOBY. The spigot on Continuous Brew vessels also contributes to a cleaner experience, since you don’t have to deal with the hassle of pouring Kombucha tea out of the brewing jars (which is more difficult and sticky than you might think).
Learn more about the Continuous Brewing Method.