Sometimes reading the news feels like April Fools day everyday. Tsunami, war, nukes, unemployment – I sure wish those news stories were a joke but all kidding aside, there is clearly a lot of change occurring.
All of the stories below are true (except 1), proving once again that truths (and indie bands) are indeed stranger than fiction!
She’s got an excellent idea for keeping radiation at bay with her personal SCOBY Fallout Shelter!
- If you believe, they put Kombucha on the moon – Kombucha on the moon! According to the Committee on Space Research (COSPAR), Kombucha has potential to help astronauts deal with the stresses of space while utilizing waste products for the fermentation process. (h/t Maci Schwenk)
- FDA Logic At Work:Diet Sodas (now linked to increased strokes) = Healthy Option;
Naturally Fermented, Probiotic Foods = Dangerous Menace.Does this make sense to you?
- A reminder from the past (from my friend Donna) that things haven’t changed much:
Doctors put drugs of which they know little, into bodies of which they know less, for diseases of which they know nothing ~ Voltaire
- Archaeologists in Egypt have uncovered an amazing discovery: Tests on pieces of King Tutankhamun’s shroud and remains confirm he was partially wrapped in Kombucha SCOBY cultures.Even more amazing, they have been able to regenerate the bacteria and yeast from the original culture, have brewed “4,000 Year Old Tea” and found it contains the original DNA of Tutankhamun: That’s right, KING TUT MAY HAVE BEEN THE ORIGINAL KOMBUCHA DRINKER!
- Remember the Kombucha ReVolution that kicked off 2010? Here is a great photo essay by the Grand Prize Winner, Carly Jane Volpe, demonstrating how easy it is to DIY Continuous Brew Kombucha.