Kombucha is fermented tea. In this video, The Kombucha Mamma, founder of Kombuchakamp, talks about how to make kombucha, a Q&A en Español. Not only is she the Founder of KKamp, but she’s also an Author, Master Brewer, Community Educator, and Kombucha Ambassador. You can ask her anything about Kombucha and fermentacion.
The benefits of kombucha are numerous: it helps eliminate toxins, provides digestion support, improves gut health, strengthens immunity, and boosts gut health.
Ask Me Anything About Kombucha
Hannah Crum, the Kombucha Mamma, runs this small family business, the best Kombucha shop in the world. Over 100,000 HAPPY HOMEBREW CLIENTS in 75+ countries have been using our service since 2004!
She comes live on Instagram every week to answer all your questions on how to brew Kombucha and teach its benefits in a Q&A en Español and English. So if you have any questions, please write your question in the comments below!
- 2:22 What happens in my body when I drink Kombucha?
- 4:45 What microbes are in a Kombucha SCOBY?
- 7:28 Want more info on SCOBY hotels?
- 8:27 El Gran Libro de Kombucha en espanol!
- 10:00 How to maintain a SCOBY hotel?
- 14:49 Want to see some “Yeasty Beasties?”
- 15:20 Can I really make sourdough with my Kombucha yeast?!
- 18:00 How do I trim my SCOBY?
- 21:49 Wait, pasteurized Kombucha? How do I know if my store-bought Kombucha is alive?
- 22:37 Have more questions on sugar in Kombucha and fermentacion?
- 24:20 How do I get my Kombucha nice and fizzy?
- 28:19 What’s the ideal temperature for Kombucha, Jun, and Kefir?
- 31:21 Kombucha Kocktails? Sign me up!
- 32:00 How to choose the best tea for your Kombucha
- 38:51 Can I drink Kombucha if I’m pregnant?
- 42:00 Have questions for the Kombucha Mamma?
- 45:22 How do I get my Kombucha to taste as good as GT’s?
DonnaOctober 24, 2022 at 10:59 am
I have an excess of brewed Kombucha, so how long can I store Kombucha starter tea, and where?
Anthea TayagOctober 24, 2022 at 11:25 am
Brewed Kombucha will continue to ferment in any vessel containing it. Keep in mind that it will generate fizz and will require you to “burp” your bottles to avoid and blowouts. You may refrigerate any excess to stop further fermenting and drink when needed. In terms of storing STARTER LIQUID, never refrigerate and make sure to refresh so that you have a healthy supply ready for use. Here’s a post that covers all the basics for SCOBY Hotel maintenance: https://www.kombuchakamp.com/scoby-hotel-maintenance
Suebee CraigAugust 9, 2022 at 12:32 pm
I used fruity & flowery black tea loose leaves for first fermentation by accident. I didn’t know you were only supposed to use pure black tea without flavoring. I started on Sunday night. Should I remove and start a new batch? I don’t want to kill my SCOBY.
Anthea TayagAugust 15, 2022 at 11:26 am
Hi Suebee, thank you for reaching out! We do not recommend directly flavoring the Kombucha SCOBY due to oils present in some caffeine-free teas or flavored tea blends that may act as antibacterial agents. Flavoring should be done during the 2nd Ferment, when the SCOBY and starter liquid have been removed. Here’s an article about tea and Kombucha, what to use and why: https://www.kombuchakamp.com/tea-and-kombucha-what-to-use-and-what-to-avoid
Ronda LietzJune 13, 2022 at 8:16 pm
Can cork stoppers be used when bottling Kombucha?
Hannah CrumJune 16, 2022 at 7:39 am
Yes! They might pop out if there’s too much pressure built up. Check out our post on Bottling without explosions for more details.