Kimchi is a traditional side dish made of salted and fermented vegetables such as napa cabbage and Korean radish, and seasoned with a wide variety of ingredients, including gochugaru, spring onions, garlic, and ginger, among others. Some versions include seafood, but you can leave it out to make a vegan ferment. It can be eaten on its own, as a side dish, or it can be used in soups and stews.
Subscribe our YouTube Channel
In this video, Sun Chung from Hungry Gopher and Hannah Crum from Kombucha Kamp share their knowledge about Korean fermented foods such as kimchi. They talk about the general benefits of fermented foods, Kimchi for clear skin, weight loss, and pain reduction; the Korean Anti-inflammatory diet; gut health and food connection, and more!
They offer some tasty ideas you can add to your diet. They also answer your questions about fermented foods so that you are better informed.
Kimchi is a fermented dish, and its flavor is balanced between salty, spicy, and sour with a hint of sweetness. During fermentation, the lactic acid produced by bacteria creates a tangy, pungent flavor similar to sauerkraut. The garlic and ginger becomes more intense in taste when fermented
Sun is the founder of @HungryGopher, a popular website & #YouTube channel with over 5M views. She has been teaching foodies and home cooks the long-lost, ancient Korean cooking secrets to transform their health since 2014. Her passion is to help others to get healthier – get happier with more energy with flavorful foods and simple lifestyle changes.
What are your gut health questions?? Put them in the comments and they’ll answer ASAP!
- 1:45 What if I don’t think my family will like Kombucha?
- 2:00 Can Kombucha help me live to 100?
- 4:31 What are the top 5 fermented foods for me?
- 6:24 How do I keep critters out of my ferments?!
- 10:13 Can I use Kombucha in my skincare routine too?
- 14:02 How can I tell if Kombucha is helping me heal?
- 16:29 Can I get a DNA sequence of the microbes in my Kombucha?
- 20:28 Feeling stressed? Kombucha can help! No, really!
- 26:42 How to reconnect with your body through fermented foods
- 29:07 Are you proud to love bacteria?
- 31:10 Want to learn more from The Hungry Gopher?
- 35:30 Sun’s website!
- 37:21 Did you know you can add medicinal herbs to your Kombucha?
- 38:07 Check out the Kombucha Kamp website for info on fermented foods!
- Easy Summer Picnic Food Recipes Ideas – 2021
- Kirsten Shockey of Fermented Vegetables with her new book Homemade Vinegar Live with Hannah Crum
- The best coffee substitute made with chicory root that you’ll ever drink
- Why Sustainable Fashion Matters
- Ask Mamma Anything: Spanish Q&A || Beginners guide to kombucha making
- Do you want to start a commercial Kombucha brewery? || kombucha brewery tour 2021
- Vibrant Botanicals: 70+ nourishing recipes featuring herbal infusions by Jennifer McGruther