Jun is a fermented green tea beverage that is as delicious as it is ancient. This honey-kissed tea is fermented with a JUN SCOBY and transformed into a fizzy, delicious elixir after it ferments. The SCOBY cannot just be any kombucha SCOBY, nope, it has to be the correct one.
Jun is called “The Champagne of Kombucha” because it has a crisper, brighter flavor than Kombucha made with black tea and cane sugar. The ingredients, green tea and raw honey, also add to its classy reputation.
Green tea and honey are the only things JUN can ferment – no crazy sweeteners like rapadura or erythritol. “Won’t it be very sweet?” you ask. Since the Jun SCOBY has adapted to fermenting honey, the sugars get fermented out, just like Kombucha. In addition to being brewed with raw honey only, JUN itself is non pasteurized.
Generally, making Kombucha with raw honey results in poor flavors, lack of SCOBY growth, sick yeast, and mold growth. This is why you need a specific Jun SCOBY.Kombucha was traditionally brewed only with black tea. Today, green tea and black tea are often mixed together. On the other hand, JUN is traditionally prepared from green tea only.
In order to maintain a smoother flavor, JUN does best at a temperature about 5°F below Kombucha. In this case, the optimal range for JUN is 70-80°F (21-27°C), but the ideal temperature is 75°F (24°C).
Organic Raw Honey (12oz) – Gluten Free Honey$12.95 Add to cart
USA Handmade Stoneware Artisanal Crock – Continuous Brew JUN Deluxe PackageSelect options
Jun Culture$34.88 – $59.88 Select options
Green Goddess Tea Blend – Loose Leaf Green Tea$16.95 – $89.95 – or subscribe and get up to 5% off Select options
- 1:35 What is Jun?
- 7:23 Why is the modern diet a struggle?
- 8:06 Top 10 Questions about Sugar in Kombucha
- 12:12 The History of Kombucha & Jun
- 15:11 The Shamanic Way of the Bee
- 17:23 How to Keep Your Kombucha and Jun Cultures Warm Enough
- 18:59 How to Store Backup SCOBYs
- 19:25 Green Goddess tea? Where can I Buy That?
- 25:50: How can I tell if I have Mold?
- 31:21 : Protect Raw Kombucha: Support The Kombucha Act!
- 39:51 : Are you a Commercial Kombucha or Jun Brewer? Join KBI Today!
- 45:00 : I’m in! Where can I find Raw Honey?
- 46:32 : Shanti Elixirs Website