I am super excited to show you how to flavor Kombucha in my quick tip video! Over the years, I have perfected my Kombucha flavor recipes, making it simple and easy for everyone to make. You can use these Kombucha flavor recipes whether you’re new to brewing Kombucha or an experienced brewer.
Buy everything you need to make your own Kombucha tea on our website
Most new & even some long-term Kombucha brewers aren’t sure how to flavor the drink, so they get stuck in a flavor rut. Don’t let “recipe rut” happen to you! Get ready to learn the art of flavoring kombucha tea from the comfort of your own home.
You can combine one or multiple flavors in the bottle, and then mix in the Kombucha. Next, you’ll want to let the Kombucha carbonate – this is called the second fermentation. This happens on your counter at room temperature, and depending on your brewing environment, this process may take 1-3 days. The warmer the temperature of your room, the faster it will carbonate. Make sure to put your bottles in a box or other safe storage in case of a bottle explosion! To prevent this, burp your bottles once per day.
Make Your Own Kombucha Flavor Recipe
The Kombucha Mamma Hannah Crum loves ginger for its “kick” and ability to boost carbonation, so ginger ale is a natural flavor choice..Lemons and berries are also great additions to Kombucha. E. Add Elderberries and goji berries for a health boost and delicious flavor. Frozen berries are a great option for cooler months when fresh berries are scarce. Try these seasonal Kombucha flavors:
- Spring – Elderberries, lemon, and rose petals
- Summer – Wine spritzer
- Fall – Ginger, lavender
- Winter – Frozen berries
I’ll let you in on a little secret – for a special occasion (or just a hot summer day), try adding champagne or wine for a fun spritzer!
Check out this post for even MORE Kombucha flavoring ideas!
- 0:31 Slice it, dice it, juice it, squeeze it!
- 0:52 Make it easier on yourself with elderberry syrup!
- 1:14 Can I use herbal tea to brew my Kombucha?
- 2:21 Kombucha Carbonation Tips for a Bubbly Brew (aka Fizzy Booch!)
- 2:57 Top 5 Tips for Bottling Kombucha Tea, Jun, Water Kefir and Milk Kefir Safely
- 4:17 Try our The Blue-Bucha-Rita recipe!
- Kombucha Benefits: How Much Kombucha to Drink? with Hannah Crum of Kombucha Kamp
- Does Kombucha really need sugar to make kombucha? – Kombucha Recipe FAQ – 2021
- The Big Book of Kombucha
- How to Choose a Cloth Cover for Kombucha and JUN with Kombucha Kamp
- Kombucha and Alcohol: How to Control Alcohol in Kombucha